Balancing people, planet and profit
24 000 employees worldwide.
Our Approach to Sustainability
Naspers' approach to sustainability is rooted in a detailed understanding of the factors that make it such a critical issue.
Among others, these factors include:
The group’s wide range of stakeholder groups differ by region and interest, and Naspers communicates to these stakeholders via the following mediums and forums:
- Employee newsletters, surveys, management briefings and intranet sites.
- One-on-one meetings with suppliers, business partners and opinion formers, shareholders and potential investors.
- Feedback from readers via letters to editors and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Interaction with readers/users/subscribers and the community using various channels including emails, text messages and social media.
- Participating in industry groups to develop shared practices.
- Frequently engaging with our shareholders as follows: investor meetings and conferences, conference calls and emails.
- Policy engagement with regulators.
- Engaging with local communities through corporate citizenship activities.